Thursday, March 11, 2010

Leche de Burra

This afternoon I was walking home from school when I saw an advertisement on the side of a van that was promoting all of the benefits of 'leche de burra.' Let me translate this for you: Donkey Milk. WHAT?! I did some research after sheer astonishment (I was a little creeped out, I must admit) to find out that they make it into soap and it is supposed to be really good for your skin because it has extra retinol. Whatever. On the website I got a big kick out of one line that said there isn't much availability of this product because donkeys don't make as much milk as cows. DUH! Have you ever heard of there being a lot of donkey dairies? I didn't think so. I can't tell you how relieved I was that it was soap and not for consumption. I don't ever plan on bathing in donkey milk despite their lovely advertising...that just ain't right...

I have posted a photo of the high school where my host mom works. This is where she took me last Friday to cook with the students. Doesn't look like a bad place to work or study with a great view of the mountain!

Pura Vida,

Billy

1 comment: