Sunday, March 14, 2010

El Caribe







This weekend I headed to Cauhita on the Carribean with my host mom, her daughter, grandson, and my friend (and fellow K-Stater), Aaron. We rented a couple of 'cabinas,' or cabins next to the water a couple miles away from town. We did a lot of relaxing on Saturday when we got there, and today we hit up the national park for a little swimming. It was a very relaxing weekend and a great way to see another part of the country. The beaches weren't the pretties by any means, but still a lot of fun. Check out the pics for details:

Our cabina (which had mosquito nets. I have never used them, and didn't have to, but I thought they were very cool!).







A little green space around the cabinas. You can see the sea beyond the trees.







Sunrise over the caribbean. Aaron got confused and woke me up at 4:50 am thinking the sun would be rising soon. I told him to go back to bed, and when I woke him up the the appropriate time he didn't want to go. Boy, did he miss out!





Leaf cutter ants in the national park! I've never seen them before, and think they were pretty cool.







Pura Vida,
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment