Tuesday, March 16, 2010

El Teatro al Mediodia

Today my class went to San Jose to have a little fun and get out of the classroom. We first went to the University of Costa Rica (I go to the National University), which was the first university in the country. It is a very large university, and very pretty also. I tried to find their animal science department and a professor there that Dad met while he was here a few weeks ago, but was unsuccessful. I will have to return sometime soon.

Next, we headed to the National Theatre for a show at noon. There is a show at noon every Tuesday, and it only costs $1. Today, it was an interpretive dance of life in the city, with 50 people 'dancing.' To me, it looked more like 50 people having an epileptic seizure at the same time. It lasted for almost 40 minutes, and it was dreadful. Just people running around on the stage. One person in our group actually enjoyed it.

After that, we headed to a French restaurant that specializes in making crepes. I will just say I am going to have to go back, and if it is any indication of the food in France, I need to make a trip there!

We also had cooking class today!

This is a picture of the education building on the UCR campus.






Bread that we made in cooking class.






Guiso de arroz. A dish with rice, meat, onions, and some other things. Once again, I'm not sure because we mostly stood around and talked while everything cooked!






Pura Vida,

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment