Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last day of trip photos

Here are photos from the last day of the trip:
I started out the morning taking a walk through the canopy of the forest. There is a series of bridges that runs through the canopy, and it is a neat way to sneak up on creatures such as coatis or toucans. We got some pretty good views of the valley, too. My roommate for the week, Jaycee, went with me. Another first for him, as he had never seen the ocean, ridden a horse, played in mud or ziplined. What a trip for him!









This is a picture of the 425 meter long water slide down the mountain at the resort. It is fed by (I assume) a spring up the mountain that produces a lot of water. It was very cold, but when they filled the tank up to send you down the slide it could really send you fast! This photo is a group of three of us going down at the same time, which at times was so fast I wondered why they allowed us to do it!
Finally, here is a photo of the food we prepared last week in cooking class. I can't remember what the food on the tortilla was called, but it was alright. The small, yellowish things are 'patacones,' or plantains that have been squashed and then fried. They kind of taste like a big french fry.




Last night there was another earthquake, a 4.6 on the Richtor Scale. I was in bed, but when I felt it, jumped up to grab my clothes and head for the backyard, but by that time it was already over. I thought it would be the strongest I have felt, but it is not. The epicenter was the closest though, so maybe that made a difference. Ugh. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much after that.
Today I went to another volcano. Look for pictures for that tomorrow. I always say this, but it could have been the coolest one I have seen yet!
Pura Vida,
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment