Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Tour

Last night I headed to Dad's hotel near here and spent the evening with him. He also had a gentlemen that he works with from Mexico still in Costa Rica, and his wife was with him, too. We went to dinner, and I took the opportunity to practice my Spanish with them. Very nice people.

Today, Dad and I got up and changed hotels. Afterwards, we made our way to Heredia where my university is. We toured the university, the park, and afterwards headed to the 'feria de agricultores,' or farmer's market. This is something that takes place every Saturday morning. All of the farmers from a wide range come to sell their fruits and vegetables. I was amazed at how many people were there. There were four rows of vendors for a quarter mile.

Next, we headed to the market, which basically has everything that is at the farmer's market, but under a roof. Then we found the bus to Barva where I live. First, we stopped at a place to get an ice cream treat for Dad, and lunch for me. We wandered to my house next, hoping to see my host mom, but she wasn't there. We left, and then realized that I forgot my passport to check into the hotel, so we came back. When we got back, my mom had returned, both her daughters and grandson, so we got to visit with them shortly.

Look for a few pictures tomorrow since I don't have my computer with me right now in the hotel.

Hasta manana y pura vida,

Billy Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment