Friday, February 5, 2010

Four Weeks Down

Today, a day with a spectacular view of every single mountain in sight, marked four weeks since I arrived in Costa Rica. I can hardly believe that it has been four weeks already, with only 13 weeks to go. Thirteen weeks sounds like a lot; that is until you put it into the perspective that I am about one quarter of the way done!

Thinking back on the last four weeks, I do not realize how much I have learned and how quickly I have adjusted to a new culture. I was reminded Monday of how far I have come when I saw a couple American students get on the bus for their first day at school in Costa Rica. They looked a bit overwhelmed, and it was then that I realized it had not been very long ago since I was in their shoes.

I have improved my Spanish tremendously in four weeks, although I still have an extremely long way to go. I am at the stage now where I can get my point across with people I don't know, but they still look at me strange (there may be more than one reason for that, I know).

I am excited to see where the next 13 weeks take me, but more excited for the true reward at the end of this experience: to see all of you at home in the United States.

Pura Vida,

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment