Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Day with Dad

Dad arrived today in Costa Rica for work! His plane got in at 6:30, and thanks to my host mom (who, I must say once again, is absolutely amazing) took me to meet Dad and then took us to his hotel. How kind!

Dad and I sat on the patio of the hotel (a 5-star) until his room was ready about 11 am. It was pretty tough to sit in the beautiful weather and watch the birds while drinking coffee for over three hours, but we managed. We checked in, got settled, and then proceeded on to a small restaurant down the street with typical Costa Rican food. These small restaurants are called "sodas" in Costa Rica. Sodas have very delicious food for a very cheap price. Dad enjoyed his first Costa Rican dining experience.
Next, we headed to a "Zoo Ave," or the Bird Zoo across the street. They had all kinds of birds from Costa Rica, plus some ostriches and a few monkeys. It was a beautiful place, and a nice area to walk around in the lovely weather.
Afterwards, we took a small siesta (which Dad needed since he flew all night). Later, my host mom, her daughter and grandson met us for dinner at another local eatery. It was great for them to meet Dad and vice versa, and I enjoyed being with all of them.
I apologize for the lack of pictures of today's events, as I forgot my camera, and Dad forgot the cord to hook his camera up to the computer. In lieu of this, I am posting a picture of a cowboy at the agriculture school I traveled to several weeks ago during one of my Wednesday adventures with my host family. You can click on it for a larger image.
Pura Vida,
Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment