Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hola a todos! Hello to everyone!


Pretty slow day today. Didn't have class, so I worked on homework this morning. Ate lunch, went on a walk, laid in the hammock. Tough life, I know. This afternoon I went to a 'salon de futbol' or a place where there are three soccer fields about the size of a basketball court each, and played soccer. I don't like soccer, but I am trying to integrate into the culture I guess. Came back, ate dinner, and talked in Spanish with my Tica (tica or tico is the word for a Costa Rican) mom for an hour or more.


Strange things about Costa Rica:


-There are dogs everywhere. They wander around, and nobody seems to mind. One was chasing cars in an intersection today, but I'm sure that won't last too much longer.

-Speaking of vehicles, getting within 50 feet of any sort of road is taking your life into your own hands. These people are laid back until they get in their car. Then all hell breaks loose.

-It is windier than Kansas. Go figure.

-I had to wear a jacket all week because the cold front that effected the U.S. last week reached down here.


Here is a pic of a typical building on campus. The buildings are open to the outside. Here, you can see classrooms on the exterior of the building, with plants in the center and a giant sun roof big enough to allow rain in. When it is the perfect temperature all year, you don't need to enclose buildings!


Pura Vida!

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment