Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hace mucho calor! It is HOT!
Wow, the stereotypical Costa Rican weather definately kicked in today! It was probably close to 80 degrees, but it felt great to wear shorts and flip flops. Went to class this morning. I ate a sandwich at a local coffee shop...totally didn't understand anything the cashier said, but I did learn some new words. Walked home from campus today with my friend, Andy. It was probably 45 minutes, but a good break from just using the buses. Went to the gym today to exercise (I got a membership to a gym, because I am not going to run here...will twist an ankle or get run over. Neither sound fun.)

Fun Costa Rica fact:
People go to bed about 8:30 or 9:00 a.m., and wake up about 5:30 or 6:00am. Needless to say, as American students we are having a tough adjustment. But, it is light at 6, so that helps.
Below I have included a couple photos. The first is the view from the soccer field across the street from my house. The second is the mountain that I see out of my window every morning, provided it isn't cloudy.





Pura Vida!

Billy

1 comment:

  1. I'm Jealous. I miss the warm weather. Even though it was in the low 40's today in Nebraska. The snow is finally melting. Thank goodness. Glad all is well.

    Jon Ireland

    ReplyDelete