Saturday, January 16, 2010

He visto Volcan Poas. I have visited Poas Volcano!

Today was a great day! Check out the photos below for a description.




Got to visit a coffee processing company. Would have been awesome if I liked coffee!






Ate lunch on our way to the mountains. Very typical Costa Rican food. The pineapple shake may be the best thing I have ever tasted! Fried plantains also rank high on the list.







Saw several dairies on the way up the mountain. I got very excited, but as the only ag student in the group, my enthusiasm for dairy cows was not shared with anyone else. I just got stared at when I yelled "dairy cows!" Might have to tone it down a notch.



Went to a volcano at the top of a mountain...about 8,000 in altitude. Couldn't see the crater because of the clouds, but the extinct volcano just next to it makes a great lake now! Finally got to see some jungle around the volcano. I was sure to keep watch for the poison dart frogs! Nobody else seemed to be as concerned...


Excited to explore the rest of the country in the coming weeks. It is likely that next weekend will be spent on the beach.

Pura Vida!

Billy

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun and learning alot! Don't let all that beach sun go to your head :)

    ReplyDelete