Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Last Day!

Today was my last day as a student in Costa Rica! How Sad!

I went to animal nutrition class this morning. The 2.5 hour class only lasted 30 minutes. Not bad!

Next, we went to the university farm to do a couple of things for a project that the class has going on. We had to wait a while, so I asked if there was a dairy. They said their was, so we wandered up to see it. On our way we saw sheep, and a goat dairy. When we arrived to the dairy, there were a few Jersey heifers. Come to find out, there are about 50 Jerseys at this dairy, and they are all just a 30 minute walk from my house! Why didn't someone tell me about this four months ago?!
The sheep.








The dairy goats.
The methane digester for the dairy goats.
The Jersey heifers!
Force feeding the rooster...not fun.
This evening, my host mom took me to a restaurant up on the mountain that has a view of the entire Central Valley. It was a beautiful night, and bittersweet as I look to leave Costa Rica tomorrow (Thursday, have to be at the airport at 4:15am!) to go home.

It has been a great ride. I'm anxious to see everyone upon my return. Thank you for following my blog. Please keep checking in, as I am hoping to update it with happenings over the next few weeks and during graduation. Eventually I hope to turn it into an agricultural advocacy blog to share info about the importance agriculture plays in our lives.

For the last time from Costa Rica,

Pura Vida,

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment